Wednesday 23 October 2013

What Music Should The DJ Have Knowledge Of ?

Here's a little story.

I got a telephone enquiry today and the bride to be who was in her early twenties asked me what was my favourite tune from the charts.
Obviously testing my musical knowledge.

Reply "Storm Queen  Look Right Through" Check it out very nice tune!

Then later today I went and got my haircut, not very Rock n Roll and what has that got to do with musical knowledge.

Patience people.

The nice young girl cutting my hair enquired if I was doing much later to which I told her that I was going to see M People.

She looked and asked "Who are they?"

I was initially amazed that she did not know who M People were but then worked out that when M People were starting out she would of been 2 years of age.

But then thought ,when I was 2 The Beatles released "Paperback Writer" and why do I know that ? because it's my job.

So the answer to this post is everything and anything... If your a DJ.

And here is M People, I hope I'm as fit as Heather in this video when I'm her age, oh just realised I am
 ( her age that is! ).